Wondering what’s included in a standard home inspection from Engineered Inspection Group, LLC?
Here is a quick overview of the services included in your home inspection, and the major systems that we inspect and assess throughout the process.
- Roof The roof is one of the most costly and important structures. We will examine the roof, its structure, shingles/tiles, flashing, gutters, downspouts and more.
- Exterior This includes the exterior walkways and doors, siding, eaves and soffits, fascia, paint, and other such elements of the home’s exterior.
- HVAC We will test and examine the HVAC systems including ducts, filters, furnaces and air conditioning units.
- Plumbing Systems We will check all plumbing fixtures for proper function including: tubs, sinks, hoses, showers, water shut-off valves, and irrigation systems – if applicable – plus look for leaks & other such flaws.
- Electrical Systems We will check both interior and exterior electrical systems including service drops, service masts, grounding, outlets, meters, circuit breakers, and other such systems.
- Applicances We will test and examine all major appliances like hot water heaters, washers and dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, and more.
- Doors, Windows & Interior We will check doors and windows for proper sealing and drafts, signs of mold or water damage, and more. We will also check the condition of all interior spaces.
- Foundations, Basements and Crawl Spaces We will examine the foundation, crawlspaces and basements to look for signs of things like past water damage, foundation cracking or shifting, and other such potentially expensive issues.
- Attic, Ventilation, Insulation We will examine the attic to ensure it is properly ventilated, check for mold and moisture, assess the level of insulation, and more.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR INSPECTION
If you are in need of a home inspection in South Puget Sound area, we're here to help.
Engineered Inspection Group provides everything from a buyer's inspection, a pre-listing inspection, or general homeowner home inspections - to ensure proper maintenance of your current home - you can trust us to deliver excellent services.
Our licensed & certified home inspectors are dedicated to ensuring that you are aware of any potential issues with your current home, or a home that you're interested in purchasing.
We also focus on providing education, and our goal is to give you all of the information you need about the property in question, and its overall condition.
We encourage our clients to walk through the home with us and to ask any and all questions throughout the inspection process.